Friday, April 22, 2011

1st day home!

So my boyfriend and I went on a total of a 4 1/2 hour journey (all together) to get my little girl today.
The ferry ride was so suspenseful!
So on the ride home with her my boyfriend and I decided on a name.
-drum roll-
Opal! <3
So I put her new home and she went right to sleep (It was 1pm xD )
I took her out when her light went out at 6 and held her for about an hour while she huffed and puffed at me.
I learned that she's less likely to huff when I pet her underside so I shall do that more. x3
I tried bribing her with mealies and it was a no go. But she loved the dried grass hoppers and crickets that I was hand feeding her.
I then put her in her cage on the second level on her wheel. She started eating the paper towel under here wheel!! Before I know it, she is annotating!! Ha it was so cute <3
I moved her to the first level (Idk if she knows how to use her ramp yet. I'll let her figure it out later. )
Currently I hear her munching away on her food

I'm in love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment